Today we are making 2 different cannabis infused pestos. First we make the classic basil pesto then we will create a sundried tomato pesto using Tilray cannabis oils.
Our Basil & Hemp Heart Pesto will have you wanting to put it on everything from meats, fish, pizza, pasta, potatoes, sandwiches, cream sauces, and salads. Hemp Hearts add a delicious nutty and sweet flavor to pesto. As well, offer plant based protein and the most nutritious part of the hemp seed with a high source of fiber and Omega-3.
You might think that making a pesto is hard but it’s the easiest thing ever. All you do is throw all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until ingredients are incorporated. How easy is that?
The sundried tomato pesto is very versatile and you can use this recipe with pasta, gnocchi, chicken, white fish, or just spread on bread. You can also use this pesto as a marinade for meats and seafood!! Infusing meats with this amazing pesto will give you the flavor and culinary edge you’ve been searching for.
For more information on learning how to create your own cannabis infused foods visit our “Cooking with Cannabis 101” series where we walk you through the decarboxylation process, THC/CBD conversion math, and then create 9 different mediums for you to infuse into your foods.
2 Different Cannabis Infused Pestos
Basil & Hemp Heart Pesto
- 3 Cups Fresh Basil (loosely packed)
- ½ Cup Peace Naturals Hemp Hearts
- ½ Cup Pecorino Romano Cheese (or Parmesan)
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- Your Dosage of Cannabis Oil per serving
- Salt & Pepper
- Lemon Juice (optional)
- Add all ingredients to food processor and mix until well incorporated.
- Taste, season, taste, with Salt and Pepper,
- Serve, Eat Well, and Be Happy.
Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 1 Cup Sundried Tomatoes
- 1/3 Cup Pecorino Romano or Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil
- 1/4 Cup Mettrum Originals Hemp Seeds
- 1-3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil (w/ 3-5ml Cannabis Oil
- In a food processor add all ingredients, except Olive Oil
- Turn on and slowly add the olive oil while food processor is running
- Once all ingredients are incorporated;
- Serve, Eat Well, and Be Happy