Cranberry and Sage Stuffing.
Well it’s that time of year again, the turkey is roasting in the oven and the apples are all cut up for the apple pie. Now it’s time to turn your attention to another favorite at any Thanksgiving table, the stuffing. Especially when it’s cranberry and sage stuffing!!
This cranberry and sage stuffing recipe has a beautiful kick of bacon, cranberries and sage, followed by a nice crunch from the cashews. The cranberries make it the perfect accompaniment to your turkey by adding a little sweet taste. The bacon also gives this stuffing that nice smoky flavor. It is up to you whether or not you want to cut the crust off the bread or not.
Do not over mix your cranberry and sage stuffing. Once you add the liquid mixture to the bread, incorporate the ingredients gently. If you do it too vigorously the bread will become too soggy and gross.
You can easily turn this cranberry and sage stuffing recipe into a cannabis infused recipe by substituting regular butter for cannabis infused butter. You can use our recipe for Cannabis Infused Butter recipe to help you get ready for your gathering. You can also find the recipe on Lift Cannabis.
You will feed the whole Thanksgiving table with this bountiful cranberry and sage stuffing recipe.
Ingredients for Cranberry and Sage Stuffing:
- 1 Loaf of Bread
- 1 Pound of Bacon
- 2-3 Carrots
- 2 Celery Stalks
- ½ Yellow Onion
- ½ Cup Dried Cranberries
- ½ Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Turkey Stock (Chicken stock could substitute)
- 60 ml Sage
- 60 ml Crushed Unsalted Cashews
- Salt and Pepper
Directions for Cranberry and Sage Stuffing:
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut the bread to desired shape. Small dice all vegetables, set aside.
- Chop bacon and cook to ¾ doneness.
- Add vegetables to bacon and cook until tender, season with salt and pepper.
- Add cranberries to mixture.
- Then add the butter and turkey stock and simmer for 2-3 minutes
- Remove from heat and add sage to the mixture.
- In a large bowl add bread and liquid mixture and mix together. (Do Not Overmix)
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Add to oven ready serving ware and put in oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve, Eat Well, and Be Happy