Disclaimer: We are using Amazon affiliate Product Advertising API to fetch products from Amazon, include: price, content, image, logo, brand, feature of products which are trademarks of Amazon.com. So, when you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.. Read more.
10 Best Gh4 Microphone
Are you looking for a great camera that also has a great microphone? If so, you may want to consider purchasing the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4. This camera not only takes great pictures and videos, but it also has an amazing microphone that will capture all of the sounds your scene has to offer. Whether you’re shooting a video interview or recording some music, the GH4’s microphone will ensure that your audio is clear and crisp. So if you’re in the market for a new camera and want one that can also handle your audio needs, be sure to check out the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4!
What is the Gh4 Microphone?
GH4 microphone is a shotgun microphone that mounts on the hot shoe of your GH4 camera/camcorder. It allows you to record audio from a very close range, about 1 meter. The GH4 shotgun microphone is ideal for any situation where you want to capture audio from a specific direction, such as documentary or reality TV style shoots.
GH4 Microphone Types:
The GH4 Shotgun Microphone may come in different types. There are 3 types of the GH4 microphones that I know of:
1) Windshield – This is probably the most common type and comes with a windscreen that helps reduce noise coming from wind hitting your microphone screen. It also enhances high frequencies, which means it will pick up more sounds from farther distances compared to the other types.
2) No windshield – The cheapest mic you can buy for your GH4 camera/camcorder. This type is usually good up to about 3 meters away from the camera.
3) Stereo – I think this is just a fancy name for the shotgun mic that also records left and right channels separately. The shells are slightly longer than the other types, which means you can mount them on your GH4 camera sideways. The sound recorded by this type is supposed to be less “hollow” compared to the others (in my opinion). You might want to check out this post for more information regarding stereo microphones.
GH4 Microphone Features
There are many features of the GH4 Shotgun Microphone… obviously, it goes without saying that it only records audio! Nonetheless, here are some cool features of this GH4 microphone:
1) Small – It’s very compact and light, which makes it easy to fit into your camera bag.
2) Clips onto your camera – like a tube of lipstick, the GH4 microphone can be easily clipped on top of your GH4 hot shoe and removed when you do not need it.
3) Built-in shoe mount and shock mount – its built-in hot shoe and shock mount means you do not need to worry about buying an extra hot shoe adapter. The GH4 Microphone is designed so that it can be easily mounted onto your GH4 camera with the use of a single screw. It also comes with a coiled 3m long cord, which provides space for mounting purposes without getting in the way of the video footage.
GH4 Microphone Sound Quality:
The sound quality of this GH4 microphone is pretty good, especially if you are recording videos outdoors or indoors where there are minimal background sounds, such as cars honking or people talking. You might want to check out this post for more information regarding Shotgun Mics and their sound quality.
How does Gh4 Microphone work?
A microphone is a device that detects sound and transforms it into an electrical signal. At least one of the most popular DSLR cameras, Panasonic GH4, has got an onboard microphone. It is usually built-in to the camera and it uses a standard 3.5 mm jack for input/output connection.
The sound quality of such a microphone isn’t good due to its small size and a short distance from the entry point of sound vibrations on the body of the camera but still serves as a solution for quick everyday use without adding extra weight with external mic solutions. You can find more information by reading our article Microphones explained.
The Panasonic GH4 is a video camera that also can record videos using an external microphone. There are two possible ways to connect an external microphone – via an input jack or wireless connection. The first one is definitely better, but also more complicated. It requires additional cables and adapters to properly match the impedance of the microphone with the GH4 inputs (48V phantom power required). The wireless solution is more practical.
We did our best to make this process easy for you by writing step-by-step instructions on How to connect an external microphone via Panasonic GH4 HDMI port.
Photographers use Panasonic GH4 Microphone mostly for making high-quality videos rather than taking photos, so they often face some problems when photographing in low light conditions due to noisy electronic viewfinder which makes it difficult for them to focus on photography subjects.
How to use the GH4 Microphone?
One of the most popular questions I get is “What microphone do you recommend for recording sound on the GH4?” There are many affordable options out there, but my favorite is the Rode VideoMic Me Directional Microphone with Shockmount. It’s small, easy to use and it provides great results without breaking the bank. Watch this video to learn more.
The Rode VideoMic Me Directional Microphone with Shockmount is my microphone of choice for the GH4 because it’s so easy to use and provides great sound. Simply plug the microphone into the micro jack on the side of your GH4, then set your camera audio recording levels by using your camera’s built-in manual audio level controls. This method ensures that your audio is not over modulated and provides you with the highest quality sound possible during recording.
The Gh4 Microphone is a solid choice if you need to record high-quality audio. It has sound quality that rivals professional studio equipment, but at half the price! If you’re looking for an affordable microphone with top of the line features and performance then look no further than this mic. You can’t go wrong with it!