Cannabis Infused Eggnog Cheesecake w/ Gingersnap Crust
On today’s episode of the “Cooking with Cannabis” series we are making Cannabis Infused Eggnog Cheesecake w/ Gingersnap Crust. For the infusion we will be using cannabis butter for the crust and The Cannabis Sommelier’s Infused Eggnog Recipe for the cheesecake mixture.
Cheesecake is a sweet dessert consisting of one or more layers. The main, and thickest layer, consists of a mixture of soft, fresh cream cheese, eggs, and sugar. If there is a bottom layer, it often consists of a crust or base made from crushed cookies, graham crackers, pastry, or sometimes sponge cake
Make this cheesecake, infused or not, and you will be the talk of the table during get togethers. The addition of the gingerbread crust gives it heightened flavour and really brings the dessert flavours into the holidaze spirit. Ultimately you could also use our Gingerbread Cookies Recipe to make the gingersnap crust.
For more info on how to infuse cannabis into different mediums, check out our “Cooking w/ Cannabis 101” series. If you are interested in becoming a medical cannabis patient, please reach out to Spartan Wellness.
Cannabis Infused Eggnog Cheesecake w/ Gingersnap Crust Recipe
- 2 1/2 Cups Gingersnap Cookie Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 5 Tbsp Butter, melted
- In a medium bowl add all ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Spread out onto bottom of springform pan and push down evenly to make crust,
- Set aside for filling.
- 4 8oz Cream Cheese Packages (32oz), room temperature
- 1 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 4 Eggs, Large, room temperature
- 3/4 Cup Eggnog, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp Rum (or vanilla extract)
- Preheat oven to 375°F,
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar,
- Add eggs 2 at a time and mix until well incorporated,
- Scrape down the sides of your bowl regularly to ensure a consistent mix,
- Add the eggnog & rum,
- Mix until well incorporated,
- Pour mixture on top of crust and bake at 375°F for 45-60 minutes,
- Remove from oven when center is jiggly yet firm,
- Allow to cool for at least 4 hours, recommend at least 24 hours.
- Top your piece with some infused whipped cream,
- Eat Well & Be Happy