Cannabis Infused Olive Oil w/ THC Calculator
Hello and welcome back to another episode of the “Cooking w/ Cannabis 101” series and today we will be learning how to create cannabis infused olive oil. We will be learning how to infuse cannabis into olive oil. We are going to be using a strain called “Pink Kush” for our infusions.
Today we will be learning how to infuse cannabis into olive oil and we are going to be using “Pink Kush” for our infusions but you can use your preferred strain. We are simply going to infuse our olive oil by adding the cannabis to the olive oil in an oven ready dish and allowing it to sit in a 220 degree oven for 4+ hours. Once it’s finished we’ll strain and store it.
If you are interested in becoming a medical cannabis patient, please visit Spartan Wellness.
Storage: You can store you butter in the fridge for 30-60 days. Flour fo 8-12 months.
Let’s Get Started
- We used 14 grams of cannabis per 2 cups of olive oil.
- We know that our THC content is 22%, which equates to 220mg THC-a per gram of cannabis. So, if we multiply 14 (grams) by 220 it equals 3,080mg THC-a.
- After decarboxylation, converting the THC-a to THC, (3,080mg X .88) we are left with 2,710mg THC.
- After infusion, THC multiplied by 80%, gives us a grand total of….
- So, approximately 2.168mg THC infused into your olive oil.
Starting amount of grams = 14g
THC percentage per gram = 22% (revert to decimal)
Milligrams per gram .220 mg per gram
Amount of grams X milligrams (14 X 220) = 3,080mg THC-a
THC-a X .88 (Decarb) = 2,710mg THC
THC X .80 (For Loss) = Total 2,168mg
Starting amount of grams = _____g
THC percentage per gram = _____% (revert to decimal)
Milligrams per gram _____mg per gram
Amount of grams X milligrams = _____THC-a
THC-a X .88 (Decarb) = _____THC
THC X .80 (For Loss) = Total _____mg