Herb Butter Roasted Chicken
With our Herb Butter Roasted Chicken you will finally have your go-to chicken recipe! When you bring this chicken to the table with herbed butter infused underneath the skin, your family will think that a chef created it and you ordered it in from a restaurant. **Also look for this TWS recipe in the March issue of the Canadian Military Family Magazine**
The secret is that herb butter is put underneath the skin before you put your chicken in the oven. The butter under the skin will give your Herb Butter Roasted Chicken amazing flavor, and sooo moist. Also, by patting the outside of the chicken dry, and then rubbing it with olive oil will produce a succulent and crispy skin.
Adding onion and lemon to the inside of the chicken will increase the moisture throughout the Herb Butter Roasted Chicken. As the onions and lemon heat they release their juices in the chicken, which in turn, steams the chicken from the inside and creates a moisture laden chicken
There is nothing easier then cooking a whole chicken. Most people are afraid of whole chickens because they take a long time to cook, and once it’s finished, taking it apart can be a challenge too. However, the fun is putting the chicken on the table and watching your family rip it apart for their favorite pieces. No need to de-bone the Herb Butter Roasted Chicken properly…your family will get it ripped apart 🙂
Buying whole chickens can save you tons of money too.
Next time you’re at the store look at the price of a whole chicken and the price of two boneless/skinless chicken breasts. They will be a similar price, except with a whole chicken you get twice the amount of meat and you can use the bones for stock, if you get ambitious.
Chicken get a bad rap too with the whole salmonella poisoning possibility. As long as you wash your hands and surrounding counter/sink areas when you’re done playing with it, you’ll be fine.
The cool thing about this project was that Kaleena, (my wife) won a Foodelia International Food Photography Award for the picture she took of this dish for the military family magazine.
Ingredients for Herb Butter Roasted Chicken:
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 2 Tbsp Herbed Butter (See Recipe Below)
- 30 ml Olive Oil
- Half an Onion
- Half a Lemon
- Salt and Pepper
Directions for Herb Butter Roasted Chicken :
- Preheat Oven to 375°F.
- Rinse Chicken under cool water and pat dry.
- Lift up skin from the breasts and add a tablespoon of herbed butter onto the breasts, and under the skin.
- Spread butter evenly over the breast, and lay skin back over top of the breasts.
- Cut the onion and lemon into quarters and place them in the chicken.
- Rub the outside of the whole chicken with olive oil.
- Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Put in oven and cook for 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F
- Serve, Eat Well, and Be Happy
For Herb Butter
Directions for Herb Butter:
- Remove herb leaves from stems.
- Place herbs in a food processor and process until chopped.
- Add butter and blend until incorporated.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Serve, Eat Well, and Be Happy.