Mac n Cheese
We take Mac n Cheese very seriously around here! There is nothing worse then going to a restaurant to order a deliciously velvety mac n cheese only to be served dried ass noodles with no velvety sauce at all. I order Mac n Cheese whenever available on menus and 7 out of 10 times it’s just that, dry noodles, no sauce, and tears of sadness from spending $25+ on crap.
Alas, The Wellness Soldier to the rescue with our rendition of the american classic Mac n Cheese. Of course we added a special ingredient to make it even more opulent! We add the delicious strain “Diesel” from Spinach Farms to make an infused butter and use that butter in our recipe.
There is something to be said about making your own at home!! You can add all the cheese you want, drown it in sauce, and top with even more cheese.
For more info on how to infuse cannabis into different mediums, check out our “Cooking w/ Cannabis 101” series. If you are interested in becoming a medical cannabis patient, please reach out to Spartan Wellness.
- 5 Cups Penne Noodles
- 1 Pound Bacon
- 2 Tbsp Cannabis Butter
- 1 Onion, medium
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 1.5 Litres Heavy Cream
- 5 Cups Smoked Cheddar Cheese
- Cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cook noodles to 70% cooked, drain, cool and set aside.
- In a large sauce pot over medium to high heat, add the 1 pound of bacon and cook 1/2 way,
- Add onions, garlic & cannabis butter and continue cooking until onions turn translucent,
- Deglaze pan with white wine and allow to reduce by half,
- Pour in your heavy cream and allow to heat up,
- Turn burner down to allow cream to simmer,
- Add the cheeses and incorporate into sauce.
- Allow the sauce to reduce by 1/3, stirring occasionally,
- In an oven safe dish add the noodles and pour in sauce until noodles are covered with sauce,
- Top with cheese,
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes,
- Eat Well & Be Happy