V2V Black Hops Brewing – Beer Battered Fish Tacos
On this episode of the “Cooking w/ Cannabis” series we have Graeme Hafey from V2V Black Hops Brewing in the kitchen. We are going to making beer battered fish tacos using the V2V Black Hops Brewing “The Brig” Blonde Ale.
The Brig is a clean, crisp, ‘Pre-Pilsner/Kolsch-style blonde ale which delivers a taste which everyone will love. With a hint of dryness and pilsner malt, this a refreshing, ‘one taste fits all’ kind of beer, which sets a high standard for any coalition of friends! This beer is dedicated to the Royal Canadian Navy.
Graeme Hafey served for a total of 21 years as an officer in the Canadian Armed Forces. Being honourably released in 2011 Graeme pursued various entrepreneurial endeavours, including two of his own businesses. As time went by Graeme realized he was struggling and was later diagnosed with severe PTSD. After fighting hard for his VAC benefits, he vowed to help as many veterans as he could. From this, V2V Black Hops Brewing was born on June 14, 2018. In less than one year V2V Black Hops Brewing has been in over 35 venues with its beer cans and kegs and has donated over $3,000 to veterans’ programs from beer and merchandise sales.
In this video we are teaching you how to create the Cilantro-Lime Slaw, Chipotle Mayo, and the beer battered halibut.
For more info on how to infuse cannabis into different mediums, check out our “Cooking w/ Cannabis 101” series. If you are interested in becoming a medical cannabis patient, please reach out to Spartan Wellness.
- 1 Pound Green & Red Cabbage, combined
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro
- 1/4 Jalapeno
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Cut cabbage and onions in small strips,
- Chop Cilantro and Jalepeno,
- Add all ingredients to a bowl,
- add the lime juice, olive oil, salt & pepper and mix until well incorporated,
- Set aside to marinate.
- 1 Cup Mayonaise
- 2 Tbsp Chives, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Lime Juice
- 1.5 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Chipotle Chili Powder
- Peace Naturals Cannabis Oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until well incorporated,
- Set aside.
V2V Black Hops Brewing Beer Battered Halibut
- 1 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour (extra for dredging the fish)
- 1 Can V2V Black Hops Brewing “The Brig” Blonde Ale
- 1 tsp Salt
- Preheat oil/deep fryer to 350ºF
- Add flour and salt to medium size bowl,
- Add “The Brig” Blonde Ale and mix until well incorporated (Do not over mix)
- In a bowl add the extra all purpose flour and place fish in flour so both sides are coated in flour (This will allow the batter to stick and stay stuck to the fish better, also known as dredging)
- Take your piece of fish and dunk it in the beer batter until coated on all sides,
- Place the fish into the hot oil and hold until it begins to float, then drop the whole piece in (This will make sure the fish doesn’t get dropped in and stick to the botton of the pot/deep fryer)
- When golden brown and cooked throughout, remove and put on piece of paper towel to drain,
- Now build your taco!! Chipotle mayo on the bottom, piece of halibut, and top with cilantro-lime slaw.
- Eat Well and Be Happy