Wake & Bake Scones – Strawberry & Cream Cheese
On today’s episode of The Wellness Soldier “Cooking with Cannabis” video series, we will be learning how to make Wake and Bake Scones recipe – Strawberry & Cream Cheese Scones.
When making the scones it is best to mix the dough slowly and just until mixture is incorporated, overmixing will produce a hard and dense scone. Having chunks of butter throughout the dough is fine and is what your looking for when making scones. The chunks of cannabis butter throughout could have an effect on dosing as you could run into a chink of cannabis butter in one piece and not the next, dose accordingly.
- 2 1/4 Cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Cannabis Butter, unsalted, cubed and cold
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese, cubed and cold
- 1 Egg, large
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream (Some for brushing)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 Cup Strawberries, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a medium mixing bowl add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt and stir until well incorporated,
- Add butter and cream cheese and mix by hand until mixed,
- Add egg, cream,vanilla extract, and strawberries and mix until incorporated, do not over mix,
- Place dough ball onto counter and flatten out into a circle,
- Cut circle in 6-8 pieces and place on oven ready pan,
- Brush tops with reserved cream,
- Cook for 15 minutes,
- After cooled top with Vanilla Glaze,
- Eat Well & Be Happy
- 1 – 1 1/2 Cup Icing Sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a small mixing bowl add all ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Top Scones.