Foodelia Food Photography Awards
Kaleena Lindsay Photography wins the Third Foodelia Food Photography Awards!! Kaleena Lindsay Photography is the genius behind all of The Wellness Soldier’s food photography.
My beautiful wife Kaleena has done all the amazing photography/art work for the entire website and I am so proud of her! If it were not for her art work, our website would just be a bunch of words with ugly iPad photos to look at.
I love saying to her “Hey baby, you’re an Internationally Published and Multi Award Winning Food Photographer!!” As the Canadian Military Family Magazine is published internationally where we head the “Galley” Section. Along with the Foodelia Food Photography Awards, we have also won the Lift Canadian Cannabis Awards for Top Blog/Author.
Foodelia is an international contest for food photography. Foodelia looks for photographers who combine stunning quality and style of imagery. Recent work of Foodelia’s members is intended to provide an ongoing inspiration and also a snapshot of the most innovative photographic work being produced in the food photography world.
The pictures taken for this round were from a No-Bake Chocolate Avocado Mousse Cake we created for the Peace Naturals Project as well as the steak dish in which we created for our Valentines Day Veterans Dinner.
The Award winning picture comes from our recipe that we did for the Canadian Military Family Magazine and it’s our Herbed Butter Roasted Chicken:
Look at all that beautiful herbed butter underneath the skin, put the butter UNDER the skin to give your chicken amazing moisture and flavor throughout. We will be submitting more photo’s to the Foodelia Food Photography Awards!!
We are building a cookbook to further help Canadian Veterans with healthy eating information and education, we will have more pictures to submit.
If you’d like to try the recipe at home, here it is!!
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 2 Tbsp Herbed Butter (See Other Recipe)
- 30 ml Olive Oil
- Half an Onion
- Half a Lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat Oven to 375°F.
- Rinse Chicken under cool water and pat dry.
- Lift up skin from the breasts and add a tablespoon of herbed butter onto the breasts, and under the skin.
- Spread butter evenly over the breast, and lay skin back over top of the breasts.
- Cut the onion and lemon into quarters and place them in the chicken.
- Rub the outside of the whole chicken with olive oil.
- Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Put in oven and cook for 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F
- Serve, Eat Well, and Be Happy