Infused Whole Wheat Pancakes
The greatest thing about a Sunday morning is sitting at the table for a nice and hearty infused whole wheat pancakes breakfast. Break out the, butter, warm cannabis infused maple syrup, and fresh berries, and make your mornings special.
You’ll make these infused whole wheat pancakes your go-to recipe for pancakes!! After you’ve made them, you’ll see how super easy it was to make and be making them all the time. Way better then store bought pancakes and you can customize your ingredients by adding blueberries, chocolate chips, bananas, or even strawberries, the sky is the limit!!
For adding the cannabis, you can add cannabis oils directly to your infused whole wheat pancakes or you can pour infused maple syrup over top of them. See video below for infused maple syrup. For more info on how to infuse cannabis into different mediums, check out our “Cooking w/ Cannabis 101” series.
When some people make pancakes they turn out flat and dull, that’s where we use a small touch of vinegar. When the vinegar reacts with the baking soda it starts puffing up the pancakes like crazy. You can alternately use buttermilk in place of the coconut milk and vinegar.
If you are interested in becoming a medical cannabis patient, please reach out to Spartan Wellness.
Ingredients; (Makes approx. 4-5 pancakes)
- ¾ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Quick Oats
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¾ Cup Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (plus more for cooking)
- 1 Large Egg
- 5 ml White Vinegar
- 5 ml Vanilla Extract
- Your dosage of cannabis oil per pancake.
- Mix the first 7 ingredients together in a mixing bowl,
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients until well incorporated;
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated,
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium heat, add 5 ml coconut oil,
- Spoon about 2-3 Tablespoons of batter into the pan,
- Turn pancakes over when the tops are covered in bubbles, (approx. 2-3 minutes)
Serve, Eat well, Be Happy